my summer essential: the simple cotton sundress

Thursday, July 31, 2014

summer cotton eyelet dress (similar) // tory burch sandals // gold bar necklace from moorea seal //
longchamp tote bag // marc by marc jacobs gold bracelet watch 
During my east coast adventures, I melted. Sweat, sweaty, sweatyness everywhere. Being from the PNW, I was not accustomed to the humidity, and boy did it get to me. I don't think I've ever needed to tease my hair - it was huge. I felt like I needed to take a shower as soon as I stepped outside of the perfectly cooled a/c. 

How did I survive? My beloved Tory Burch sandals to keep my feet comfy and cool, a lightweight Longchamp tote so that I didn't have to lug around a heavy purse, and of course, an easy breezy cotton summer dress. 

Looking back on my trip, all I really wanted to wear was my simple cotton dress. Just the idea of layering anything else on made me want to cringe and melt in a slimey puddle of goop. Also, the six pairs of shoes I packed for the trip = not practical. Not once did I end up wearing heels. 

With all the walking we did - sandals and my converse were the way to go! 


Resting our poor feet after long walks through the city...

What was your summer must-have this year? 
Tweet or share in comments below!
xoxo


Like this look? Shop for similar pieces below!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY